WP1 MANAGEMENT Open or Close
WP1 MANAGEMENT // P 8 – FSCHS
- Management of the Consortium. Administrative and financial control and periodic monitoring. Contact with the European Commission.
- Scientific Coordination, progress monitoring, organization of meetings
- Management and organization of student exchanges to catalyze progress and interaction among tasks and partners
- Setup and maintenance of online ICT support of the consortium
- Setup of an Industrial Advisory Board, which will meet periodically with the partners
WP2 EDC SENSING AND PROCESSING HARDWARE Open or Close
WP2 EDC SENSING AND PROCESSING HARDWARE // P 3 – CSIC
- The main objective of this WP is to provide and adapt the existing EDC technology hardware components to a level of usability, interfaceability, and integrability required to integrate EDC technology into a battery-powered mobile platform, in order to assemble the demonstrator to be used in the final use cases, while at the same time pave the way for a future easy industrialization of a commercial product...
WP3 GESTURE CONTROL Open or Close
WP3 GESTURE CONTROL // P 1 – UPMC
- The objective of the WP is to implement a hand-gesture recognition system, based on EDC visual sensor input and real-time event-based processing of the visual information, taking into account the defined use cases (WP6) to meet the requirements in terms of performance and usability for the target user groups.
WP4 VISION-ASSISTED SPEECH RECOGNITION Open or Close
WP4 VISION-ASSISTED SPEECH RECOGNITION // P 2 – IIT
- The objective of this WP is to implement a speech recognition system that exploits the temporal and visual speech production related information from EDC visual sensors to improve models of temporal dynamics in speech and compensate for poor acoustic information do to noisy acoustic environments. The speech recognition system will target speakers with mild speech impairments, specifically subjects with atypical speech flow and rhythm.es
WP5 INTEGRATION AND ENDUSERS APPLICATIONS Open or Close
WP5 INTEGRATION AND ENDUSERS APPLICATIONS // P 5 – InnoNet
This WP will be led by partner INNO. This WP is devoted to stepwise integration of hardware and software components that constitute the ECOMODE system. Besides, the end-users application will be developed to make the best of hardware and algorithm modules. The result of this WP is an operational ECOMODE system.
The objectives of this WP are:
- To establish common software engineering practices needed to ensure that development activities are conducted according to quality standards
- To develop users applications taking into account accessibility, usability and user-centered design to meet WP6 requirements
- To implement partial and system integration to get an operational ECOMODE solution
- To test and monitor the reliability and performance of the implemented end-users applications.
WP6 USER CENTERED DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS Open or Close
WP6 USER CENTERED DESIGN AND SPECIFICATIONS // P 6 – FBK
WP6 aims to provide a deep understanding of the target users’ specificities and needs (physical, social and psychological) in relation to the design of outdoor touch-less human-computer interface technology for people with visual impairments and mild speech impairments, specifically subjects with atypical speech flow and rhythm.
Work in this WP will mainly follow a User-Centered Inclusive Design process. All those stakeholders that may provide knowledge on the considered target group and/or affect their usage of the ECOMODE technologies (e.g. formal and informal caregivers, user representatives associations and public organizations) will be included in the entire design process. The latter will be a iterative process, where specific study and design phases will be spaced out with evaluation phases with experts and target users.
The first step will concern the development of an initial conceptual framework, defined by starting from scientific literature in the field of multimodal technologies exploiting assistive technologies and automated speech and gesture recognition techniques. A study on existing products will also be conducted to assess limits and opportunities to take into account for ECOMODE technologies.
Afterwards, WP6 will take care of defining the users’ profile(s) which will be specifically targeted by the ECOMODE technology. Practical activities will be conducted during this phase, to define the specificities of the target population (e.g. functional and visual impairments, socio-demographic characteristic, education, ICT confidence level, etc.).
User requirements, elicited by User-Centered Design activities, will drive the design of the technologies. According to the fragility types and levels of the target people, different techniques will be used to directly involve them within the design process (e.g. individual interviews and focus groups, scenarios-based workshops, ethnographic methods).
According also to results collected by WP7 formative evaluation activities, design specifications will be iteratively developed and refined to guide the design and re-design of the ECOMODE prototypes.
WP7 USER-CENTERED EVALUATION AND VALIDATION Open or Close
WP7 USER-CENTERED EVALUATION AND VALIDATION // P 4 – Streetlab
The methodological approach of the project is shaped around an iterative process of User-Centered Design, where the researchers and end-users – especially visually impaired users and users with generic speech and motor disabilities – collaborate in the research, development and design process. All the process will follow the ISO standard (Humancentred design for interactive systems (ISO 9241-210, 2010) describing 6 key principles :
- The design is based upon an explicit understanding of users, tasks and environments.
- Users are involved throughout design and development.
- The design is driven and refined by user-centered evaluation.
- The process is iterative.
- The design addresses the whole user experience.
- The design team includes multidisciplinary skills and perspectives
Specific objectives of WP7 are:
- Involving end-users through iterative loops of evaluation
- Testing system performance, usability, learnability, ease of use through living lab and ecological studies
- Evaluating acceptance, appropriateness usefulness, user-friendliness and comfort bringing of prototypes and final
- Defining and analysing impact and relevance of the system in defined use cases
WP8 EXPLOITATION AND DISSEMINATION Open or Close
WP8 EXPLOITATION AND DISSEMINATION // P 7 – CHRONOCAM
The first objective of the work package will be to monitor and manage the exploitation, business dissemination issues.
ECOMODE dissemination and exploitation activities are aimed at:
- Promoting the project results
- Improving access to useful inputs from other relevant projects, organisations and other stakeholders
- Ensuring that the achievements are made known to the potential users and customers
- Analysing market needs and steps for productization
- Improving the acceptance and subsequent exploitation of the project results by end-users.
- Guaranteeing that the project is exploited to its full potential by defining business models, distribution channels and marketing strategy